Coronavirus News: Our Commitment to our Orthodontic Patients
We pledge to share updates with you as quickly as possible, with full transparency and, as always, with your safety foremost in mind.
Nothing is more important to us than your safety, and we are doing everything we can to ensure the wellbeing of our patients and employees when you are treated in our office. We are monitoring directives that are issued to us by the state of Washington and other national organizations including the dental society leadership as it evolves. We want to meet and exceed guidelines as we work with our patients.
What We Are Doing to Keep You Safe
- Maintaining our current OSHA directives related to the dental industry standards for sterilization of dental instruments and cleaning and sanitizing hard surfaces used during appointments
- Eliminating handshakes and any type of bodily contact that is not specifically related to your current appointment.
- Minimizing all newly scheduled appointments which are reasonably possible into 12 weeks in the future – current appointments remain scheduled
- Offering virtual retainer checkups – ask us how
- Asking patients to send photos of emergencies first via email so we can troubleshoot issues to determine if an appointment in the office is of immediate urgency.
What You Can Do to Stay Healthy During Appointments
- To minimize the number of people in the office we request parents only bring the patient to the office and leave all siblings home
- If this is not possible, consider having the family stay in the car while the patient is treated. We can call or text you to send the patient in when we are ready and schedule your next visit the same way after the appointment is completed.
- As of Friday, June 26, 2020 masks are required in the office for patients, parents, and guardians in accordance with Governor Jay Inslee’s mandate on June 23, 2020.
- as of 8/10/20, due to the current CDC recommendation – we will no longer permit masks with an exhalation valve or vent in the office.
- As doctors and team at Advanced Orthodontics, we appreciate your trust and will continue to work every day to provide the best and safest orthodontic care possible.
Drs. Barton Soper, Matthew Stout, and Veronica Toro